- Written by Super User
- Category: News and Events
- Hits: 1034
"Comprehensive Health Services for the Veterans and their dependents"
The VETERANS MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER was constructed as a gift of the American people to the Philippines as token of gratitude to the Filipino soldiers who stood by them during World War II. The 80th Congress of the United States of America passed Public Law 865 in July 8, 1948 which provided $9.4 million for the construction of a hospital facility with the land to be donated by the Filipino people. The law was implemented in the country by an agreement between the U.S. and the Philippines signed by then Pres. Elpidio Quirino and the U.S. Ambassador to the Philippines Myron Cowen. Hospitalization is extended to veterans of World War II and their dependents under the RP program. With the passing of RA# 6948, AFP retirees and their dependents are extended benefits of the Public Law.
VMMC has envisioned to render premium medical services to the veterans and their dependents through a comprehensive health care system characterized by excellence, dedication and commitment.
PLANS AND GOALS