VETERANS MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER
"Comprehensive Health Sevices for the Veterans and their dependents"
The VETERANS MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER was constructed as a
gift of the American people to the Philippines as token of
gratitude to the Filipino soldiers who stood by them during
World War II. The 80th Congress of the United States of
America passed Public Law 865 in July 8, 1948 which provided
$9.4 million for the construction of a hospital facility
with the land to be donated by the Filipino people. The law
was implemented in the country by an agreement between the
U.S. and the Philippines signed by then Pres. Elpidio Quirino
and the U.S. Ambassador to the Philippines Myron Cowen.
Hospitalization is extended to veterans of World War II
and their dependents under the RP program. With the passing
of RA# 6948, AFP retirees and their dependents are extended
benefits of the Public Law.
VMMC has envisioned to render premium medical services to the veterans
and their dependents through a comprehensive health care system
characterized by excellence, dedication and commitment.
PLANS AND GOALS
As a tertiary hospital, VMMC aims to become the best Veteran
Hospital in the Far East providing the best quality medical
care and treatment to its clientele, WWII Veterans, AFP Retirees
and their dependents.
Elevation of VMMC to a bureau level under the Department of National Defense.
Acquisition of more modern equipment and latest technology in patient care services.
Use of Golf Course income to augment funds for the purchase of much
needed medical supplies and materials.
Allocation of Capital Outlay for the repair and rehabilitation of the 1955
vintage VMMC physical plants and facilities.